Over 2000 years ago, Hippocrates wrote: Diseases are crises of purification, of toxic elimination. Symptoms are the natural defenses of the body. We call them diseases, but in fact they are the natural cure for diseases. So for example, we find the following:
- Tiredness/Lethargy - the body's way of forcing a sick person to rest, thus conserving energy for the vital tasks of cleaning and repair.
- Glandular Swelling - the lymph glands filter the blood for toxic substances. Swelling of these glands greatly increases their filtering capacity.
- Skin Rash - represents an elimination of toxic waste, the skin being a major eliminative organ.
- Mucus Elimination - also an elimination of toxic waste. Mucus is made up of the body's white blood cells, which are the body's garbage cans containing toxic residue. A good example is the runny nose (could that be the brain de-toxing?)
- Inflammation - serves the same purpose as fever, to cleanse and repair damaged or poisoned tissue in the body.
- Other discharges - blood (nosebleed to lower blood pressure). Diarrhea. Sweat. Drooling.
(The above is an excerpt from the writings of Harry Clements, British Naturopath and Author)
It's an interesting idea to me, that toxicity is the cause of disease. Toxicity - poisoning really - can come through a material substance like cyanide or mercury or glyphosate; through an imponderable substance like EMF radiation or X-ray; or through the poisoned emotion or idea or influence - in fact, influenza means 'influence.' Enduring a bad marriage can make you sick. There must be other toxins the reader can add to my list.
The Vital Force (the defense system of the body that works well when in health) will make valiant efforts to detox through the above-listed methods; however, the Vital Force can become too zealous in its efforts to de-tox (it doesn't know when to stop), and end up weakening and perhaps even killing the person through "too much of a good thing." A system can get stuck in the detox or elimination mode, where the detox process is not complete, but goes on and on and on; where healing is not happening, and the person stays sick despite the body's best efforts.
A stuck system can become unstuck through the use of a subtle corrective 'nudge.' A homeopathic remedy is that nudge. By matching the symptoms ("like cures like") of the ill person, the remedy catalyzes the ill body into a complete elimination of the disease symptoms, and thus brings about a 'cure' of the 'disease.' The beauty of similar suffering is that it touches all levels of the system in its healing action.
(to be continued......"Why are some and not others susceptible to disease?" and "The use of Vitamin D for immunity and high-dose Vitamin C for de-toxing."